Saturday, August 20, 2011

Four more framed and ready

Three are from painting on location on Monday mornings with some friends, and one is from a demo at my WITC community ed teaching experience this summer.

The first one is outside the Firefly Trading Company near Cable, WI
               'Good Morning', pastel, 10.5 x 10.5, © Mary McHugh 2011

The next one was painted near the Silverthorn Lake near Seeley, WI

            'Monday Minuet', pastel, 7 x 7, © Mary McHugh 2011

The next week we went to a friend's house to paint in her lovely garden and this is what I came home with. 

    'How Sweet It Is', pastel, 7 x 7, © Mary McHugh 2011

This fourth painting is from a demo I started in class. It is the rose garden in Duluth, when the peonies are blooming. Last summer I spent 30 mornings in Duluth getting radiation treatments.  Sometimes I would grab a sandwich with the friend that drove me that day and we would eat by the lake in this garden.
       'Lunchtime in Duluth', pastel, 7 x 7, © Mary McHugh 2011

1 comment:

L.J.Menzel said...

I want to have lunch where you werein Duluth. So pretty. Definitely paintings with "Big Heart". I look forward to having them at Firefly for a moment or two!