Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Getting ready for the June show




















'Firefly on Boxing Day' pastel, 7 x 7, © Mary J. McHugh 2010


Welcome to my new blog, which will post my favorite passion of pastel painting.

Here is my most recent completed painting, "Firefly on Boxing Day" commissioned by L.J. for a birthday surprise for her husband.

I realized that I have limited time to finish my pieces started last fall and summer plus one from this spring and a few more that are in my brain ready to come out. So I set a goal of a minimum of 30 minutes a day until I have my surgery in May. Saturday, Sunday, and Monday all were successful. Tonight I just couldn't do it. Too tired. I will take some pictures of the pieces downstairs when it is light enough. Right now it is too dark.

No comments: