Saturday, June 12, 2010

One of those Saturdays



Here is the start of my creative process. I lay out the different sizes of pastel papers I have on hand and get out some photos. Just mull around a bit and decide what paintings should go on what paper, cropping photos with my scissors to make better compositions. Decide what photos appeal to me at this time. I picked out a mountain scene from camping last year at the Tetons, a lupine field, the river with some yarrow, daffodils with a tulip, and a friends garden. I make some sketches, tape the paper to boards and I am off and running (so to speak)!

I am experiencing the empty house today. N is at a graduation party after the ACT and J is at work in Cable. It's a cloudy cool day and I am a bit low energy after having two procedures done this week; port removal Wednesday and my radiation simulation yesterday. S and I were just over at some friends' house and they have such a lovely garden and home. I found it very inspiring there despite the dark, wet day we are having.

No comments: