Sunday, July 4, 2010

A rainy muggy July 4!



'On the Water' pastel  ©Mary McHugh 2009


Lots of moisture in the air. A perfect time to work in the studio downstairs to get out of the warmth. N and J ran this morning in the Cable 5 K, both placing 2nd in their age group and winning some pretty sweet gift certificates to Redbery books and Rivers Eatery. Awesome prizes!
I am really enjoying the " weekend off". A two day break from radiation! I am over 25% done with treatments. Yes!
I spent a few hours on Friday and most of yesterday at Firefly attempting to sell some of my paintings. It was not a successful endeavor. Sometimes the clientele just does not jive with what I am trying to do. However my husband's best childhood friend bought a painting this morning! So that pumped me up!  He loves it and is going to put it in their retirement cabin.   I am posting the image above and saying farewell to the painting. Happy trails!

2 comments:

once in a blue moon studio said...

Congrats, Mary, for selling 2 paintings recently. That's wonderful! It was nice to see you at the CARE running event. You were a great cheerleader.

Mary McHugh said...

Thanks Diana! Yes it does help motivate me by getting positive feedback once in awhile. Hope you and I can get out painting together soon.