Monday, January 31, 2011

Just in Time .....

for the February Cool Blue Show at Art Beat of Hayward.

So I didn't want to do water or snow and racked my brain to figure out what I really want to paint. What else is Blue out there in the landscape?  I decided to pick a good composition and see what happened. Anything can be made blue! So this is what happened. I like it a lot. Thanks Deanna and Catherine for making me stretch a little and come up with something cool and blue.
The reception for the show is Feb 12, from 3 to 6 P.M..  I won't be able to attend since I will be at the State Nordic Ski Meet with the team.The show runs through March 5. Stop by and have a look.

'Some Like It Blue', pastel, 16.75 x 12, ©Mary McHugh 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary -- Love the painting "Some Like It Blue". Makes me want to take the walk, just to see what is around the corner! Jeri