Saturday, April 16, 2011

Charac banner painting complete

Our local arts organization is having a Gallery on Main Street this summer in Cable and I painted a long painting of a "Sunlit Passage" for it and here it is. So now I am ready to start a new painting for  our Superior Watershed group show at the Northern Great Lakes Visitor Center which will run from June through October. I will also be having a one woman show at Firefly in Cable during the month of June.

For those of you that haven't heard, I am back in cancer treatment mode again, getting treated for brain tumors, with a series of ten whole brain scans, plus three targeted ones. However, I feel good, my diet has been very healthy, am very hopeful, and have energy to keep painting!


'Sunlit Passage', pastel, 12 x 24, ©Mary McHugh 2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This banner is beautiful. I feel like I have walked there before and when I did, I couldn't wait to see what was around the bend.

I am glad that you still have the energy to paint. You are going through so much an still see light in the world.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
-leah

turtlebear said...

It does feel like a someone walking, looking just ahead. Beautiful.

I am thinking of you. You are an amazing person.

Marilyn