Monday, May 10, 2010

Another Monday night



'Inviting Bay' pastel, 8 x 12 © Mary J. McHugh 2009

Here is another painting that will be in the show. It's my idea of a perfect summer day.

A week has gone by since my last painting session. Busy weekend with the family. I met with my doctors last Thursday and have my surgery date set for May 19. Only 9 more days to get ready emotionally and mentally. I also have only 9 more days and nights to get these paintings done. I think it will be hard to lift my arms after the surgery and you need to lift your arms when you paint, even with pastels.
So downstairs I go to work. Maybe there will be some nice blues on the radio again.

2 comments:

once in a blue moon studio said...

Hi Mary! I've been enjoying reading your blog and seeing your lovely pastel paintings. Nice job! Writing and painting are such soothing activities. You are bridging your inner world to your outer world - your inner landscape to your outer landscape in your blog. Perhaps you can work with your pastel paper flat on a board after surgery and once in a while someone can lift the board and tap the back of it, as it is leaned forward for the pastel dust to fall off onto newspaper. Thinking of you. Your friend, Diana

Mary McHugh said...

HI Diana!
Thanks for stopping by! I hadn't thought of working flat. I will try that. See you!
-Mary