Saturday, May 29, 2010

Washburn Show will be hung tomorrow, Black Cat on Monday





'While the Kids Were Biking' pastel, 6 x 6, © Mary McHugh 2009

Only a three left to finish up and mat and frame. The one shown above is a plein air piece I did last summer while the kids were biking in Seeley (hence the title). I was set up next to the Namakagon River on Cook Rd.

I am sore today. I think I overdid it yesterday by working on my paintings, working at school for a few hours helping my sub Marilyn and getting the Student Voice news paper finished up in time for graduation on Sunday, and going to Jenna's haircut appt. and grocery shopping in Hayward with Neil as our driver. I am still not supposed to drive anywhere. I didn't wake myself up with my timer to take my pain meds last night every four hours and really was in a lot of pain when I woke up at 4 A.M. and couldn't get back to sleep until about 6 A.M.. I slept in until 8, in time to take more pain meds. I need to take it easy today but also need to get the paintings finished. Fortunately it is another gorgeous day. Good day for gardening also. I will need help with that.

No comments: